12 Little Needle Cases

September: Reticella, the finished piece

A blog describing how I chose this pattern and some historical background on reticella can be found here. These last few months have been difficult on a personal level. I lost one of my biggest patrons due to illness, one of my best friend received devastating health related news, and the plague continues on despite… Continue reading September: Reticella, the finished piece

12 Little Needle Cases

August: St. Catherine in her Golden Splendor

There have been four posts thus far about this tiny needle case. In the first, I discussed my plans for the needle case including drafting the pattern and selection of materials. In the second I marveled at how long a split stitch face takes to stitch. In the third, I discussed in detail the way… Continue reading August: St. Catherine in her Golden Splendor

12 Little Needle Cases

June: Free Embroidery Progress and Change of Plans

As you may recall, my June Embroidery is a free embroidery project. I chose to go the path of opus anglecanum and combine both split stitch and goldwork to create a little needle case of St. Catherine. However, both of these types of stitching are incredibly time consuming, and I have decided to split this… Continue reading June: Free Embroidery Progress and Change of Plans

Projects

Princess Beatrice’s Reticulated Headdress Documentation and Research

This year the East Kingdom Ministry of Arts and Science put together a Laurel's Challenge. Different Laurels from across the kingdom challenged artisans to complete different challenges, and there was one challenge made just for me: Documentable Wacky Hats. To read more about the making of my hat click here. To read about the history… Continue reading Princess Beatrice’s Reticulated Headdress Documentation and Research

Projects

A Reticulated Headdress (A Real one, in one week)

This year the East Kingdom is sponsoring a set of challenges to motivate and enrich our community with beautiful art. And low and behold there was a challenge made just for Scolastica: Documentable Wacky Hats. You may recall, last fall for Yule I made a headdress out of cardboard. It took me one day and… Continue reading A Reticulated Headdress (A Real one, in one week)