Projects

Princess Beatrice’s Reticulated Headdress Documentation and Research

This year the East Kingdom Ministry of Arts and Science put together a Laurel's Challenge. Different Laurels from across the kingdom challenged artisans to complete different challenges, and there was one challenge made just for me: Documentable Wacky Hats. To read more about the making of my hat click here. To read about the history… Continue reading Princess Beatrice’s Reticulated Headdress Documentation and Research

Projects

A Reticulated Headdress (A Real one, in one week)

This year the East Kingdom is sponsoring a set of challenges to motivate and enrich our community with beautiful art. And low and behold there was a challenge made just for Scolastica: Documentable Wacky Hats. You may recall, last fall for Yule I made a headdress out of cardboard. It took me one day and… Continue reading A Reticulated Headdress (A Real one, in one week)

Projects · Small Projects

German Brick Stitch a Major Embroidery Project

Sometimes a style of doing something hits you over your head and says I WILL BE YOUR FAVORITE THING. It often comes out of no where. I have never been someone interested in needle point. I have made a few piece over the years that covered the entire canvas. One was a crane needle point… Continue reading German Brick Stitch a Major Embroidery Project